About Fifty 'n Fit -
The Fitness Center
Location11801 Menaul Blvd NE Albuquerque, NM 87112 View Map
- (505) 271-9616
- (505) 271-8050
- 6:30 am to 7 pm
- 7 am to 1 pm | Sun: Closed
A little about our fitness center
Fifty ‘n Fit opened its doors in December 1991 as a safe and non-intimidating alternative for members 50 years of age and older. We’re still having fun today with an earnest commitment to our members to provide exceptional education and exceptional personal attention.
What makes our health club different?
Two things make us very different from the typical fitness center. The first is that all of our gym members are at least 50 years old! That creates a very different environment from the big, bustling multi-generational fitness centers. The second major difference is that Fifty ‘n Fit is owned and operated by physical therapists. That means safe and appropriate exercise for our members. We operate under a medical model, which means that we have expertise to offer with common issues like osteopenia and osteoporosis, spinal stenosis, shoulder impingement, arthritic knees… those very common medical issues that really need to be dealt with appropriately. We believe every member should have a program designed specifically for him or her – based on that person’s medical/orthopaedic history and personal goals.
Fitness Member Testimonial
Very experienced and professional staff. Clean, friendly and supportive atmosphere. Comfortable environment even for the person new to exercising.Vicki - member since 2005
About Physical Therapy
For All Ages
Location11719 Menaul Blvd NE Albuquerque, NM 87112 View Map
- (505) 345-8050
- (505) 343-8050
- 7 am to 6 pm
You don't have to be Fifty at Physical Therapy by Fifty 'n Fit!
We want to be sure to point out that we treat all ages in our physical therapy practice; we love our young athletes and we love our older patients (and everyone in between)!
What’s special about Physical Therapy by Fifty ‘n Fit?
We believe that:
- Our patients should be treated by physical therapists only (we have no aides or technicians providing care),
- Their therapist needs time to effectively assess and provide for their specific needs. Therefore, we schedule only one patient per treatment period to allow adequate time for that patient. The result? Fewer trips to PT needed, and great results,
- The option of continuing supervised exercise in a medically based, physical therapist-owned-and-operated fitness center after discharge from therapy improves long term success, and
- Very highly skilled and experienced therapists with a focus on educating their patients and providing the very best treatment makes for very good, effective, long-term results.
Physical Therapy Testimonial
Awesome therapy – working one on one with Lisa made a world of difference. She showed creativity, intelligence, and commitment in treating my issues.D.V.